Thursday, August 2, 2007

Busy Girl

I can't believe I blogged only once in the month of July. Can I really be so busy? It's summer, I should have lots of time. I was teaching summer school the first 2 weeks of July, but it was only 1 90 minute class.

My husband and I enjoyed a mini-vacation to Austin, TX. I was surprised at how much there is to do there. There are lots of good restaurants and bars/clubs with live entertainment. I enjoyed the LBJ library and the Lady Bird Wildflower Center.
I actually got hubby to go out dancing!

Austin is a nice town but way too hot and muggy at this time of year.

I actually relaxed and read Harry Potter while on vacation. I was surprised how I really was instantly in vacation mode. I forgot all about Stitches for a while. In fact, I kind of forgot about knitting. I didn't seek out any yarn shops while I was in Austin, although I did spot one by chance when we went out to dinner.

Speaking of Stitches, I've got 500 kits packed and I'd like to pack 100 more since I've got the supplies. I really have to crank things up. I have lots of details to take care of. I've only been able to work on Knitter's Journey in the evenings because I've been taking a 2 credit podcasting class this week.

Well, busy girl has to get going.....bye!

No comments: