Friday, May 16, 2008

Craft Teaching Event #4



Here is a pic from the 4th of 4 craft events that I did with children at my school. The second grade has been studying gems and minerals, and since I have loads of beads and wire, I suggested that they make gemstone flower pins as a craft activity for Mother's Day. I'm not sure if I would rate this as a successful lesson plan or not . . . It was a bit difficult for 2nd graders; there were lots of cries of, "Help me, Help me . . . Can you help me Mrs. P?" and it took a bit longer than planned. However, I had several indications that Moms and children both enjoyed the project. One young man liked his pin so much that he couldn't wait till Mother's Day to give it Mom. Another Mom told me she would like me to teach how to make the pins so that she could make more with her two boys. A third mom approached me in the cafeteria on the day after Mother's Day to show me that she was proudly wearing her pin, and to thank me for the cherished gift.

As long as I have happy customers, I guess that is all that matters.

No comments: