Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Not b-a-a-a-a-a-d for an old lady


So here I am at my birthday soiree. My friends are camera shy, and are giggling off screen. It was a perfect party. There was a little drinking, a little knitting and a lot of teasing. My sister tried to give me one of those red hats that indicate you are a youthful old lady, but I refuse to wear it, since I am simply youthful and not an old lady at all.

My knitting buddies also showered me with hats. I challenged them to knit 1 hat for every year of my life for my school's mitten tree. They managed to produce a dozen on short notice; they have until December to knit the other 38. You can see the hats on the little Christmas tree here. We also taped one cotton ball for each hat on the sheep poster. I'll track their progress here as time progresses.

I had a birthday sale of Knitter's Journey Jewelry and kits, and contributed profits from the sale to Heifer Project. We raised enough to purchase a sheep and a pair of rabbits! Not b-a-a-a-a-d!

No comments: