Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Better Bobble Scarf

Introducing . . .

The Better Bobble Scarf

I'm pretty excited about my newest design.  How much do I love it? Let me count the ways:

1)  It's highly textured and totally reversible. You can find lots of scarf patterns that are textured, and tons of scarf patterns that are reversible, but you don't often find one that has so much texture and is reversible at the same time.  
2) It may look difficult, but an advanced beginner could handle it without a problem.  
3) 7 out of every 9 rows are stockinette or reverse stockinette, but just when you are getting a bit bored, the bobble rows come along to add some excitement. (Did I mention that it's easy?)
4) The bobbles are made without turning, and since it's knit lengthwise, it knits up pretty quickly (especially for a pattern with bobbles!). (Uhm, did you get that about the easy part?)
5) It will look great knit up in all sorts of yarns -- it does a great job of showing off the Blue Heron Rayon Metallic that I used in my prototype, but I can't wait to try it with a lofty and luxurious solid that will show off the pattern texture. 


Speaking to that last point . . . I really would like to see this pattern knit up in all sorts of different yarns.  I'm starting a knit along over in my Knitter's Journey fan club group on Ravelry.   The pattern will be free to anyone who wants to join our KAL through June 1st.  (After which it will be available for sale on Ravelry).

Come on over and join us!









1 comment:

Louvregirl said...

Love love this design, Bev.