Saturday, January 21, 2012

Name These Hats

New Year's Resolution: Blog More! 
I haven't been away, just knitting away.  So here are some of the results of my labor:



Santa gave me not one but two volumes of Barbara G. Walker's Treasury of Knitting Patterns, and I have been having fun playing with stitch patterns. These hats were inspired by a stitch in her 3rd Treasury that she calls "Lazy Rib."  She showed the pattern in a single solid color yarn, but I immediately saw the possibilities for stranded knitting.

I used Kauni yarn with its wonderful long colorways.  The eye popping combinations of color that you see here just magically happened by knitting with one strand from the center of the ball and one strand from the outside. 

These hats are the first 2 of a planned series of 3 variations on this pattern.  The 3rd will be a stocking cap, still in the works.  I will be putting these on Ravelry soon, but the problem is, I don't know what to name them. 

Here are some of my ideas:

Name ideas for the 3 Hat Series:
Whoville Hats
Crazy Lazy Rib Hats
Crazy Caps
Whacky wondering rib hats

Individual Pattern Name Ideas:
Paintball Pillbox Hat
Sunspot Square Hat
Spot and Squiggles Square Hat

Your votes or suggestions please! (There's a free pattern in it for you!)



No comments: