Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm Back!

Okay, this is kind of embarrassing. I've been MIA for (yikes!) 10 months.
I have lots of excuses for this:

1) life intervened -- lots was going on in my nonknitting life. For a while there I wasn't knitting much, and since I would like this blog to stick to my knitting, there were times when there wasn't much to say.

2) I was rebelling a little bit against blogging. Admit it fellow bloggers, after much blogging without comment, don't you start to wonder, is any one out there? Blogging sometimes feels like talking to myself, so is that therapy or is it insanity?

3) I have been keeping a few secrets (which I am about to reveal). For the last 5 months or so, I have been working on new designs and I have been contemplating trying to get at least one of them published by a print or online magazine. Most magazines require that patterns for submission not be published elsewhere, including on blogs or Ravelry, so I have been holding back, but I think I can tell you that since January I have designed the following:

* A new Knitter's Journey necklace kit. (Actually it is a necklace/bracelet--it's convertible!)
* A lovely shawl that uses Blue Heron's gorgeous Rayon Metallic yarn.
* Some very clever gloves that I have already knit up three times with two different yarn weights and 3 color variations, but I am not quite satisfied that I have found the best yarn for the pattern.
* A cardigan using Knit Picks yarn -- this is completely planned out, but as I have only knitted the back thus far, I have a long way to go before this one will be finished.

I am racing to finish as many of these projects as I can before I start the summer show season. My first show is June 3rd and 4th at the Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival in Franklin, Indiana. It will be my first appearance there, and I am excited for a new venue.

---Watch this space, and my Ravelry page-- Secrets to be revealed in the near future!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

HI There,
Welcome back. Looking forward to the news. Good Luck in Indiana. Please keep us posted on your events. Hope to catch up with this summer. Closer to Milwaukee.

Gina Mitchell Designs said...

Hello, I believe we met at Hoosier Hills. What building were you in? I was in Scott. Perhaps we had a conversation about traveling with knitting needles? I met so many nice people during the festival that it is sometimes hard to keep everyone straight. Anyway, glad I found your blog. Very enjoyable!