Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Journey into the Past


I had a wonderful rendezvous the other day with my college roommates. The three of us haven't been together in at least 25 years. (Oops I guess I just gave a clue to how old I am.) Linda and I have kept in touch, but neither of us knew where Bonnie was after she moved, married, divorced, and moved again. Thanks to Facebook, we have found each other again. While Linda lives across the country, Bonnie is still here in the Midwest, just 20 miles from me. We had a loooooooooong lunch (from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.!) catching up with each other and just enjoying each other's company.
This is my second reconnection to the past within the last year (I saw my college beau in March last year) and it somehow makes me feel connected and affirmed. I keep singing the Brownie song in my head, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."

1 comment:

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

My favorite Brownie song: I've got something in my pocket. It belongs across my face. I keep it very close at hand in a most important place. I bet you couldn't guess it if you guessed a long, long while, so I'll take it out and put it on . . . It's a great big Brownie smile!