Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dust Bunny


 

Here it is--Stardust in black angora . . . I've decided to rename it Dust Bunny, since it was collecting dust as a UFO for a while there. I began this little cutie in January of '08 but lost my enthusiasm quickly and set it aside a number of times. I finally finished it last week. What made me set it aside was that I was worried that it would be too small, not that I wasn't getting gauge, but you know how you have a pattern with set dimensions and you have to decide to make it either too big or too small? Well, I decided this style would be better too small rather than too big so I made the smaller size, but then the really worrying part was that I gained more than a few pounds between the time I started and the time I finished. I need not have worried. It fits beautifully and it is so soft, I feel like I'm being hugged by a bunny when I wear it. This was an intermediate difficulty pattern but the sewing was difficult, mostly because I knit it in a very fluffy black angora. That, combined with old eyes and not so great lighting makes the finishing tough. The seams are respectable though.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

That turned out super cute. I love angora. I'd love to see you wear it.