Monday, July 29, 2013

Wire-ology






Wire-ology  (noun) Definition: 1. The study of knitting with wire  2. Knitting with wire as practiced at Yarnology in Winona, Minnesota.  

I had a great time at Yarnology on Saturday.  I taught 10 lovely ladies and 1 intrepid young man (age 14) to knit with wire. As is usual when I teach knitted bracelets, almost everyone walked away with a completed project.  Here are pics of some of the class members and their finished projects.  Aren't they lovely?

I love getting out and about to yarn shops with my Knitter's Journey Trunk Show.  It's so fun to see all the shops and see how each has their own personality.  I was very impressed by Yarnology.  I couldn't believe they've only been in business 3 years!  They have a large and lovely space, filled with yarn and inspiring projects.  The owners have succeeded in creating not just a shop, but a community.  While we were busy with our class in our spacious classroom space, the front of the shop was bustling with shoppers and drop in knitters who were shopping, chatting and doing what knitters do.  Kudos to Kelly and Gaby for creating such a great LYS. 





No comments: